Thursday, March 18, 2010

Home



I remember driving my car in Los Angeles, stuck in traffic somewhere, feeling so sick I thought I wasn't going to make it. I had a Michael Buble CD in my car and this song, "Home," would come on and I would cry every time, b/c I knew in my soul that I just needed to go home. Every part of me needed to be home to be healed. I felt so lonely. I was sick and didn't know it at the time, I had no man in my life, I was anxious and scared, I missed my family, and my body & mind were betraying me.

I see Michael Buble in concert and he is fantastic. KG takes me to see him for my birthday. He does what you expect of an entertainer; he really brings it ON, and he is funny, self deprecating and so incredibly talented. He lifts the audience to another place, if only for a couple of hours, and leaves us feeling like we have been a part of something special. He came out into the audience (KG and I have seats on the floor) and he is about 30 feet from us. He stands on a small stage in the center of the floor and sings an acoustic version of "Home." On this birthday that I didn't want to celebrate I find myself standing there, watching Michael Buble right in front of me, singing that song that meant so much to me when Los Angeles felt so hard. I AM home, KG is with me, and I am healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment